By Jennifer Jefferis
The military of God will not be well known, yet they're good verified as an extremist Christian association united of their trust that abortion has to be stopped in any respect charges, together with using violence or strength. who're the first gamers during this underground terrorist staff, what acts are they accountable for, and what are the motivations in the back of their quest to make abortion unlawful within the United States?
Armed for all times: the military of God and Anti-Abortion Terror within the United States addresses those questions and extra, drawing upon never-before-published interviews with contributors of the military of God and their very own writings to bare the main points of this grossly understudied organization—and to record what its lifestyles and growth says approximately our society.
Read Online or Download Armed for Life: The Army of God and Anti-Abortion Terror in the United States (PSI Guides to Terrorists, Insurgents, and Armed Groups) PDF
Similar terrorism books
This edited e-book addresses the appropriateness folks and different counter-terrorist (CT) thoughts in Europe and Eurasia, the center East, the Asia Pacific area and in Latin the US, with the intention to bettering their effectiveness.
The ebook has 3 major objectives:
- to think again terrorists' strategic pursuits and assets of legitimacy and the character in their ideological support
- to investigate present US and local CT techniques and investigate their luck in de-legitimizing terrorists and undermining their support
- to supply a strategic synthesis and coverage ideas in mild of the examine findings.
This publication should be of curiosity to scholars of political violence and terrorism, defense stories and diplomacy typically.
In Cultures of worry, a very world-class line up of students discover how governments use worry in an effort to keep an eye on their electorate. The "social agreement" provides glossy states accountability for the protection in their voters, yet this assortment argues that governments usually nurture a tradition of worry inside of their contries.
An extended checklist of nations - labelled outcasts, pariahs and rogues - have didn't meet foreign criteria of fine behavior. within the chilly conflict years Rhodesia, Israel, Chile, Taiwan and South Africa, between others, featured one of the ranks of the disreputable. In smooth global politics, the intense sinners not just contain states: terrorists, rebels, criminals and mercenaries additionally perform the good online game of who will get what, whilst and the way.
Terrorism and WMD’s, moment version presents a entire, up to date survey of terrorism and guns of mass destruction (WMDs). Terrorist guns and supply tools have gotten more and more subtle; as such, this publication makes a speciality of the chemistry and biology of WMDs, the improvement and historical past in their use, and human well-being results of such guns.
- Wall of Days
- Against Technology: From the Luddites to Neo-Luddism
- Islam Denounces Terrorism
- Transnational Security
- Countering Al Qaeda : An Appreciation of the Situation and Suggestions for Strategy
Extra resources for Armed for Life: The Army of God and Anti-Abortion Terror in the United States (PSI Guides to Terrorists, Insurgents, and Armed Groups)
For example, in the “lock and block technique” (a method Kopp receives credit for inventing) activists chained themselves to each other, blocking the entrances of abortion clinics. Kopp was also arrested for illegally protesting the sentencing of Joan Andrews Bell, who was his longtime friend and employee. Bell was charged with invasion and burglary of several abortion clinics throughout the mid-1980s. She would later become a signer of the Army’s “justiﬁable homicide” document, released after the killing of John Britton.
7 Anderson was charged with “attempting and conspiring to obstruct interstate commerce through threats or violence”8 and used his trial to call attention to his opposition to abortion. Anderson’s lawyer, Wayne Schoeneberg, emphasized the men’s commitment to the abortion issue in his opening statement: “These three men had a very, very strong belief that abortion was wrong and abortion in this country should end. Their purpose in going in there was to kidnap Dr. ”9 Dr. Zevallos told the court that Anderson believed he was receiving revelations from God about embarking on an antiabortion crusade.
50. Risen, James and Judy Thomas. 1998. Wrath of Angels: The American Abortion War. New York: Basic Books, 60. 51. Luker. 1984. Abortion and the Politics of Motherhood. Berkeley: University of California Press, 46. 52. Schaeﬀer, Francis and Everett Koop. 1978. Whatever Happened to the Human Race? Old Tappan, NJ: Fleming H. Revell Company. 53. Schaeﬀer, Francis, and Everett Koop. 1978. Whatever Happened to the Human Race? Old Tappan, NJ: Fleming H. Revell Company. 54. Scheidler, Joseph. 1982. Closed: 99 Ways to Stop Abortion.
Armed for Life: The Army of God and Anti-Abortion Terror in the United States (PSI Guides to Terrorists, Insurgents, and Armed Groups) by Jennifer Jefferis